Good coffee can be prepared with an array of appliances. However, what makes a stovetop coffee maker especially appealing is its versatility.
Their resilient composition allows their use to be extended beyond your daily brew at home, fixing you a perfect cup of java in any scene – a perfect companion in any adventure. They also come in several forms including moka pots, stovetop espresso makers, and classic coffee percolators.
So, how do you find the best stovetop coffee maker suited to your needs? Luckily for you, we’ve summed up some of the top contenders below to make your searching and selecting a whole lot easier.
4 Best Stovetop Coffee Maker Reviews
|Top||Classic Stovetop Espresso Maker for Great Flavored Strong Espresso, Classic Italian Style 3 Espresso Cup Moka Pot, Makes Delicious Coffee, Easy to Operate & Quick Cleanup Pot - by Zulay Kitchen||Prime||Buy Now On Amazon|
|Top||Bialetti Express Moka Pot, 6 -Cup, Aluminum Silver||Prime||Buy Now On Amazon|
|Top||Coletti"Bozeman" Percolator Coffee Pot - 9 CUP Camping Coffee Pot | Coffee Percolator||Prime||Buy Now On Amazon|
|Top||Farberware 47053 Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 12-Cup Coffee Percolator, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Silver||Prime||Buy Now On Amazon|
1. The Classic Italian Style Espresso Moka Pot by Zulay Kitchen
Its durable aluminum-cast body has an internal pressure valve that regulates the internal pressure and allows it to withstand intense brewing pressure and heat. This is a vital characteristic that ensures a greater caffeine extraction and richer flavor.
The moka pot design, dependent on the coffee grounds and beans, typically yields crema or foam emulsion, while its heat resistant handle and lid knob ensure the safety of your hands when pouring.
With the quality of this stovetop espresso maker, you can be sure to reap the benefits of easy and enjoyable, authentic, Italian-styled brewing for many years to come.
- This espresso maker can be used on both ceramic and gas stove tops.
- The model comes in a wide range of brew capacities including 3-cup, 5-cup, 5.5-cup, and 8-cup (with each cup equivalent to 2oz European espresso cups).
- Zero hassle Zulay Kitchen Guarantee – Zulay has expressed its pride and confidence in the quality of its product with its lifetime guarantee.
- Ease of use and travel – The moka pot is simple to use and clean without sparing a large sum of time like many other coffee makers. It’s compact and sturdy form makes it the perfect appliance to squeeze into a bag and drag along with any adventure.
- The aluminum-cast body allows the moka pot to be able to withstand heat, rust, and corrosion ensuring its long-term durability.
- Although easy to clean, it is recommended to avoid the use of soap with these stovetop espresso makers. Over time, this could wear away the build-up of coffee oils, which render rich espresso flavors, as well as the protective layer leading to rust and corrosion.
- Not dishwasher safe
2. The 06800 Express Moka Pot by Bialetti
As one of the best sellers of moka pots, the Bialetti Express Moka is bound to provide for your every coffee-related need.
The Bialetti moka pot has a vast array of brew capacities. It ranges from a single cup all the way to the large 12-cup size – a necessity for large family breakfasts. The moka pot is quick and easy to use and after just 5 minutes on the stove top, a cup will be ready for you to indulge with your first sip.
The Express Moka Pot body is made of high-quality aluminum to ensure that it is lightweight and durable. Its finish includes a polished shine, which, coupled with its classic Bialetti octagon shape, will appeal to any coffee lover’s taste.
What makes the Moka Express even better is that it is designed and assembled in Italy, and who knows how to make a better classic Italian brew than the Italians?
- This stovetop coffee maker comes in various sizes including a single cup, 3-cup, 6-cup, 9-cup, and 12-cup espresso design. The standard 6-cup size produces 9.2 ounces of moka – enough for an entire mug, with a little extra for any top-ups.
- It has an easy and simple design that ensures ease in its use, (dis)assembly, and cleaning process.
- Two-year warranty. This is guaranteed should the product fail to meet the expectations as advertised by Bialetti.
- Ground size is critical when it comes to extracting the best possible flavors from your coffee blend using this moka pot. As a result, Bialetti has specially recommended their custom-made Bialetti coffee grounds to yield the best cup from this process.
- The aluminum body is durable and lightweight.
- Customers have noted that the Bialetti models which aren’t made in Italy are of inferior quality. So, make sure to purchase one with a Made In Italy stamp just to be safe.
- This product is not dishwasher safe so you’ll need to hand wash this model.
3. The Bozeman Percolator Coffee Pot by Coletti
The Coletti Bozeman Percolator Coffee pot has an elegant and classic look which makes it suitable for the kitchen. Its main appeal, however, has been founded in its functional design for outdoor adventures.
Coletti’s goal to be “rugged and dependable” has been achieved based on the standards guided by the needs of their assisted team of combat veterans. Its unique mandate, “Taste Freedom” peaks at their commitment to donate 100% of their profits to championing religious freedom worldwide.
The Bozeman is engineered to achieve simplicity and reward. The body is made with resistant solid 18/8 stainless steel with a heat-tempered glass top, and a rosewood handle. Because there is no plastic, which presents the risk of melting, the pot can be used on a stove top, a gas or other fire, on a jet boil, or any other stove-like mechanism.
The design of this stovetop coffee maker removes the element of plastics, cords, and other factors that may be associated with machine coffee. It reconciles the essentials of the pure art of coffee making.
- Comes in 9-cup or 12-cup brewing capacity
- The body is made of solid 18/8 stainless steel, which is lightweight, heavy-duty, and corrosion-resistant. A heat-tempered glass top brings a unique lovely aesthetic element to the design.
- The Rosewood handle is both functional in that it prevents bur when handling the pot and warm in its classic style, unlike many other model handles which are typically made from plastic.
- Each purchase comes with a free pack of 20 coffee filters
- Dishwasher safe, unlike many other coffee maker models
- The product only comes in two sizes, (the 9-cup and 1-cup (which are both quite large). This places limitations on catering to the specific brewing capacity needs of customers.
- The product is slightly heavier and not as compact as other models. This makes it less easy to pack and travel with – even though Coletti advertises this as its main function.
4. The 47053 Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite Coffee Percolator by Farberware
Farberware is a brand that has been tested and fostered its reputable brand for over 100 years. Brewing coffee on stove tops has been suggested to extract a richer and fuller flavor from the blend used. This is certainly true with the latest model on the market by Farberware.
The Yosemite coffee percolator’s classic, sleek, and traditional design shows a durable and lightweight, stainless steel body with a polished finish. A look that is perfect to easily slot into any kitchen design. The stainless steel is non-reactive, which prevents the build-up of any unwanted odors or tastes that may accumulate over the duration of its use.
The percolator’s comfortable handle is specifically engineered to create a balanced and consistent grasp while protecting your hand from being burnt while pouring. It has a fitted tight-sealing lid with a transparent glass knob to allow you to monitor the progress of your brew.
A unique feature of this stovetop coffee percolator is its built-in permanent filter basket. This ensures that there is no mess when handling the coffee filter.
- Available in both an 8-cup and 12-cup size of the model. The 12-cup size model is 10.83 inches in height.
- It has a permanent percolator filter basket, which allows you to remove and refit the filter papers with ease and alleviate the usual messy ordeal associated with filter paper.
- It has a heavy-duty, stainless steel body, with a transparent glass knob and a comfortable, well-balanced handle.
- Farberware is a well-known and trusted brand using their experience harnessed over more than 100 years to engineer a stovetop coffee maker to brew delicious coffee.
- The product is dishwasher safe and can be fully immersed. Thus, you can easily clean this stovetop coffee maker in conjunction with its permanent percolator filter basket.
- Coffee filter papers are essential and sold separately to the product
- The product is more expensive than other stovetop coffee makers
Coffee has become a much-loved ritual and tradition in our lives. When you have the best stovetop coffee maker, whether it’s a moka pot, stovetop espresso maker or stovetop percolator, making a great tasting cup of coffee is simple and quick.
Better yet, it doesn’t have to be limited to a trip to your favorite coffee shop or visiting your friend with fancy K cup coffee pods.
In fact, stovetop coffee or espresso makers and moka pots not only allow you to extract the best of the bean and grind that you use, but they allow you to do this from almost any location with a source of vertical heat.
So if you’re looking to switch things up and take a break from your french press, why not try a stovetop coffee maker? They are perfect for camping, hiking or anyplace you desire. Check one out today.