New research papers continually affirm the various health benefits resulting from the regular consumption of coffee. These benefits are partly the reason why coffee machines, like the Russell Hobbs Coffee Maker Glass Series 8-Cup, continue to be popular on the market and has taken up quite a sizeable portion of the coffee drinkers’ market.
Coffee makers have also become a staple in any household that has at least one coffee drinker who favors brewed over instant. Some might consider this an overkill, but many enthusiasts beg to differ and treat coffee machines and the art of making coffee an essential part of their day to day life.
Features of the Russell Hobbs Coffee Maker Glass 8-Cup Machine
One of the more recent upstarts is the Russell Hobbs Glass Series 8-Cup Coffeemaker which features a sleek and modern design and a state of the art interface. It also comes with the following features:
Faster Brew Making
The advanced features of this coffee maker were made to deliver faster brew by as much as 40% compared to traditional coffee makers. This saves you a lot of time, especially when you’re always on the go and can’t wait long enough for the brew to finish.
This coffee maker has a programmable automatic brewing feature that lets you set the time when the machine would start making that fresh batch of coffee.
The filter of this coffee maker is gold-toned, and it is dishwasher-safe. It is completely reusable as well, which helps reduce waste and saves you money and time that could have been spent in disposing and clearing out paper filters.
The clear view digital display lets you know the number of minutes or hours that have passed since the brew cycle has finished. This display also acts as the user interface to which you can set the time for the auto brew feature.
Advanced Showerhead Technology
The shower-head of this coffee maker is designed to saturate the coffee ground evenly with heated water to ensure full flavor extraction.
Pause and Pour Function
The pause and pour feature lets you pour a cup of joe even if the brewing process has not yet finished. The pause feature saves those drips that often go wasted on the warming pan, and it also halts the brewing process to ensure that the next cup would be as fresh as the first.
Water Level Indicator
The water level indicator on the reservoir lets you know when to refill it with bottled spring water.
Carafe Warming Plate
Just like most coffee makers, the carafe rests on a warming plate that has an auto-shutoff feature that prevents any accidental burns while ensuring that your coffee remains hot.
- This Russell Hobbs coffee maker is one of the fastest machines on the market with the ability to brew as much as eight cups in under seven minutes.
- The shower-head design completely saturates the coffee grounds which causes all the flavor to be extracted, resulting in a perfect cup of coffee.
- This coffee machine is programmable which means you can program it so that you’ll have a fresh pot of coffee whenever you wake up without having to wait for it to brew.
- The metallic finish is modern and chic which makes it attractive and easy to fit in any modern kitchen.
- The clear display window is easy to read and is fully lit which make it easy to the eyes as well.
- The self-clean mode of this coffee maker is a nice touch, all you need to do is pour some white vinegar instead of water and let it descale itself, less hassle for you.
- The power cord of this coffee machine is a little short at 25 inches which limits where you can put it in the kitchen or den.
- The unit is a little bulky, but given that it can brew up to eight cups at a time it is understandable.
- The coffee maker shuts off after 40 minutes of being “in use” but not necessarily brewing. This also shuts the hot plate off which makes it a hassle when it comes to reheating leftover coffee in the afternoon.
- The gold-toned filter is not the easiest thing to clean in the assembly.
Comparison to this Drip Coffee Maker
When it comes to functionality and cool exterior, the Cuisinart DCC-3200 14 cup machine comes close to the Russell Hobbs. At a 14 cup capacity, it is larger than the former but we like the digital display and programmable features that are similar.
The Cuisinart is not quite as advanced as the Russell Hobbs Coffee Maker when it comes to the various features available, but for its size and price it is still a great addition to any home. You can read more about it in the review!
What gives the Russell Hobbs Glass Series 8-Cup Coffeemaker the edge in the comparison is the ability to program the machine to brew the coffee for you at a specific time, ensuring that you get your caffeine dose as soon as you step in the kitchen.
The gold-toned filter is also a plus as it helps save the environment and the pause and pour feature ensures that nothing is spilled on the warm plate.
Probably the best feature, other than the programmable automatic brew mode, is the power that the machine has. And being able to brew eight cups in about half the time the other coffee makers do is no joke either.
The self-descaling mode gives the Russell Hobbs Coffee Maker the final push to widen the margin between them and the Behmor 5393 Brazen Plus Temperature Control Coffee Maker.
Clearly, the time you’ll save in brewing the coffee and descaling the coffee maker is enough to justify why the Russell Hobbs’ is the better coffee maker. If that does not convince you, then the flavor profile that the advanced showerhead technology gives should.
With its features and the various benefits that it can provide, the Russell Hobbs coffee maker is a kitchen appliance to keep.