The Nespresso Essenza Mini espresso machine has been hailed by consumers as one of the most compact coffee makers on the market, offering the same wonderful flavorful taste as standard models. When it comes to finding the best coffee maker to suit your exact taste requirements, there’s a wide variety to choose from. Nespresso has become a household name over time, providing coffee lovers across the globe with some of the best blends available.
With 2 programmable cup sizes and a high-pressure pump, this intuitive machine is quick, easy to use, and makes the perfect coffee in just a few minutes.
Here is our review to help you decide whether this is the right coffee or espresso machine for you!
About The Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine
The Nespresso Essenza Mini is one of the most compact and easy-to-use single-serve espresso machines on the market today. Not only is it affordable but it does not compromise on taste, offering you the same rich blend you would get from any larger machine.
Featuring 2 programmable cup sizes (Espresso and Lungo), as well as a high-pressure pump and quick heat-up system, the Essenza Mini is guaranteed to meet the standards of any coffee connoisseur.
With a pure and sleek design, this compact unit is able to offer the same quality coffee in just a few minutes. Coffee lovers across the globe have praised the machine for consistently offering them the same superior-tasting blend as a bigger unit, but at much lower cost.
This handy coffee maker gives you the full freedom to become your own barista with just a touch. The innovative extraction system is able to deliver up to 19 bars of pressure. With its compact and sleek design, the Mini is effortlessly portable – making it easy to fit in just about any space in your kitchen.
With a single touch, the water heats up to serving temperature in less than 30 seconds. Furthermore, the energy-saving mode will automatically switch the machine off after 9 minutes, ideal for those rushed mornings.
The Mini also comes equipped with all the things you need to get going including a starter kit of 16 Nespresso capsules with unique aromatic profiles as well as an information folder and instruction manual.
Stand Out Features Of The Essenza Mini
Compact and Innovative Design
This dynamic machine features a sleek new curvy design with rounded edges and an even smaller footprint to fit into any space. Weighing in at around 5.1lbs this machine is small, portable and suitable for any kitchen size. Despite being one of the smallest single-serve espresso makers on the market, you will never have to compromise on taste.
This mini Nespresso machine is ideal for coffee lovers who don’t have a lot of space to allocate to a big or bulky coffee maker. It is ideal for apartments, dorms or even a carry-on bag, for those who like a consistent coffee even while traveling.
Versatility and Cup Sizes
This innovative machine offers 2 programmable cup sizes – Espresso (40ml) and Lungo (110ml). The intuitive and easy-to-use system ensures the type of coffee you desire at any time. Whether it’s a strong shot of Espresso in the morning, or a milder blend to perk you up after a long day, the Essenza Mini has got you covered.
Innovative and Dynamic Operating System
The Nespresso Essenza Mini features a high-pressure pump and a fast heat-up system. This 19 bar high-pressure pump ensures a barista-style cup of coffee every time. By extracting the delicate aromas and flavors of each capsule during the brewing process, you will get the same incomparable result in under 30 seconds!
This Nespresso machine guarantees a well-balanced espresso, all done in under two minutes, making it ideal for anyone on the move.
The Essenza Mini coffee machine is incredibly energy efficient. It is very fast to heat up so limit the energy wasted waiting for a kettle to boil.
If the machine is left idle for more than 9 minutes, it will automatically turn off. This eco-mode setting is to ensure low energy consumption overall.
Nespresso machines are known for following highly rigorous standards when it comes to selecting coffee. Each Nespresso coffee capsule is hermetically sealed and uses recyclable aluminum to ensure all the freshness is locked in, allowing for an exceptional tasting coffee. With a wide variety of around 24 Grand Crus, you have the ability to choose which taste you want at any given time of the day.
Each Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine includes an original Nespresso capsule welcome kit, featuring a wide variety of unique aromas and flavors to suit your taste buds.
What We Like
- Quick, easy and convenient to use
- Brews both espressos and lungos
- Compact size that is created to fit in just about any space
- Extremely fast heat-up time
- Easy to clean
- Energy-saving features
- This is Nespresso’s most affordable machine on the market
- You can override the espresso volume to suit your preferences
- Only brews Nespresso pods
- Slightly smaller water tank than similar models
- Slightly more expensive than other single-serve coffee makers
How To Use The Machine
- Start by rinsing the water tank before filling with potable water. Place a container under the coffee outlet and then plug it into mains
- To turn the machine ON, press either the Lungo or Espresso button, depending on what your preference is. You will then see blinking lights which means it is heating up, this will last for about 25 seconds. Thereafter you will see steady lights which means the machine has been adequately cleaned
- Press either the lungo or espresso button to rinse the machine. Repeat this 3 times
- If you wish to turn the machine off before it switches to automatic Auto Off mode, press both the Espresso and Lungo buttons simultaneously until it switches off
- When you want to turn the machine on, press either the lungo or espresso button. The blinking lights indicate heating up, and the steady lights indicate the machine is ready
- Lift the lever completely and insert the Nespresso capsule
- Close the lever and place a mug under the coffee outlet
- Press either the espresso (40 ml) or the lungo (110 ml) button to start. The machine will stop automatically when the coffee has been prepared. To stop the coffee flow or to top up your coffee, press the button again
- Once your coffee is made, you can remove the cup. It is important to lift and close the lever in order to correctly eject the capsule into the used capsule container
Programming the Water Volume
- Switch your Nespresso Essenza Mini on and wait for it to be in ready mode (steady lights). Thereafter fill the water tank with fresh, potable water and insert the capsule
- Place a cup under the coffee outlet. Press and hold either the espresso or lungo button. Release the button once the desired volume is served. The LED lights will blink fast 3 times to confirm the new setting you have selected. Your water volume level has now been changed
Energy Saving Mode
- Whilst the machine is switched off, press and hold the espresso button for 5 seconds. The espresso button will blink to indicate the current setting
- If you would like to change this setting, press the espresso button
- One time for Auto-Off mode after 30 minutes
- One more time for Auto-Off mode after 9 minutes
Take note of the following: 1x single blink indicates the 9-minute mode, whereas 2x double blink indicates the 30-minute mode. To exit the energy-saving mode, press the lungo button for 5 seconds.
Reset to Factory Settings
- Whilst the machine is switched off, press and hold down the lungo button for 5 seconds
- The LED lights will blink fast 3 times to confirm factory settings have been restored
- LED lights will continue to blink normally as it heats up until it is ready. Steady lights indicate it is ready
- It is recommended to empty the drip tray, drip base as well as the capsule container, every day
- Also, remove the water tank (with the lid) and clean them all with an odorless detergent and rinse with warm/ hot water
Similar to the Essenza by Nespresso On The Market
The Keurig K-55 Classic Coffee Maker has proven to be a solid alternative to the Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine. By combining retro and modern elements, the K55 is also considered a classic when it comes to home coffee makers.
This dynamic machine offers 3 cup sizes to choose from and also includes smart features such as a descaling reminder. It has a 48oz water tank, which is considerably bigger than many similar models. Other model options include a combo coffee and espresso maker, but these are more expensive.
It is simple to use with an intuitive control panel and takes less than a minute to brew a cup of coffee. While it is not as compact as the Nespresso mini, it still offers an incredibly reliable blend.
While it can be hard to find a coffee maker that suits your exact needs, sometimes less is definitely more. This Nespresso Essenza Mini review shows that this coffee machine is a leader in its market for multiple reasons. Not only does it offer you a choice between an espresso or a lungo, but overall, it is easy to use and offers you a delicious coffee blend.
Though there are other similar models on the market, the Nespresso brand will always be top of mind to coffee lovers around the world. Furthermore, the Essenza Mini is one of Nespresso’s most affordable machines on the market and is definitely the perfect addition to any kitchen!
|Top Top||Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine, Black||Prime||Buy Now On Amazon|