This review is all about the Black and Decker 5 cup coffee maker. It’s the perfect brewer to have in your kitchen that makes up to 5 cups of your favorite coffee in just minutes.
Since most of us start our day with a cup of coffee in the morning, it is essential to make just the right amount coffee in one brewing. Buying a new multiple cup model could cost around 100 bucks. However, this Black and Decker 5 cup coffee maker costs less than a quarter of that!
Black and Decker 5 Cup Coffee Maker Specs
Let’s have a further look into this space saving DCM600B model.
- 25 oz. or 750 ml capacity
- Comes with Duralife glass carafe
- Easy view water window
- Comes with removable filter basket
- Also has keep hot carafe plate
- Lighted one press on/off switch
There are some advantages, which make the Black & Decker 5-cup coffee maker a great and popular product. They are:
- Made of BPA free material
- Drip coffee maker brews up to 5 cups compared to a single serve model
- Comes with water level markings on the glass carafe, making it easy to measure the quantity of water to be used
- Compact design, which you can tuck in anywhere
- Convenient cord wrap facility, which helps to store your cords easily
- One touch button to start and stop the maker
- Removable filter basket, so that you can clean up easily
- Comes with a sturdy handle so that you can pour the coffee with ease
- 2 year limited warranty
The disadvantages are as follows:
- It is not an automatic machine, means you will have to switch off the maker after you have prepared the coffee
- No option for programming
- It doesn’t grind coffee beans, meaning you cannot make coffee if you put in coffee beans, instead of coffee powder
The Black & Decker 5 cup coffee maker is perfect for you if you need a daily dose of coffee in the morning, and are not severely addicted to coffee. The water level markings, along with the carafe make it easier to prepare 5 cups of coffee at a time.
Also, the hot carafe plate makes it easy for you to take the coffee even after half an hour of preparation. Add to it the fact that it comes with a removable filter, and the cleaning is easy for you.
The sturdy handle can also be taken out if you want. However, it does not come with a timer, nor is it automatic, so you will have to be on the lookout for your coffee, and when it is finished.
Additionally, it does not have a pause and serve option, so you cannot taste the coffee when you are brewing it.
On the positive side, it comes with a single touch on/off switch, so you can go ahead and switch it on early in the morning.
Comparison with a Black & Decker 12 cup model
Comparing the Black and Decker 5 cup coffee maker with the Black & Decker 12 cup coffee maker might seem a bit extreme, but both of them have good reputation.
The 12 cup programmable coffee maker comes with a QuickTouch programming, where you can program your coffee maker to start making coffee on a fixed time.
The digital controls make it easier for you to use the coffee maker even when you are half tired.
Add to it the fact that you can pause the coffee maker and taste your first cup of coffee, while it is being prepared.
The easy view window helps you to see the exact amount of water you are pouring, and the 2 hour auto shut off facility makes it safe for use, even if you forget to switch it off.
At the end of the day, if traditional method of coffee preparation is your aim, the Black and Decker 5 cup coffee maker might be the perfect fit for you. It makes great coffee and it’s super affordable.
Sure it does not come with programmable features, neither the auto off feature, but it has its own advantages like one touch on/off switch, convenient cord wrap facility and hot carafe plate.
So, it is a worthwhile investment if you are looking for an easy to use coffee maker for your daily needs. Check it out today, you cannot find a 5-cup coffee maker like this for under $ 28.00! Oh yea, free shipping too.
|BLACK+DECKER 5-Cup Coffeemaker, Black, DCM600B||Prime||Buy Now On Amazon|
You might also like these: Best Drip Coffee Maker for Your Money